Wednesday, June 08, 2011

A Month of Greens

Since moving to Cincinnati, we were very excited to join a CSA (community supported agriculture). We joined Cedarmore Farm, an organic Amish farm located about an hour from us, that delivers its weekly boxes all over the city. Our CSA started the first week of May, while most of the others are just getting started. The first few weeks, the boxes were pretty light due to the crazy amount of rain we've had here in Ohio. One thing we could count on though... greens. Always greens. We like salad, but I'm not one of those people who can just eat it every day. Then there was the kale, chinese cabbage, and the past 2 weeks, swiss chard. I am not sure I've ever bought chard, but I intend to eat everything provided, every week. We've been trying out a lot of new recipes, which is fun, but haven't found many to add to our 'keepers' list. I'll have multiple opportunities to find a good chard recipe this week!! Chard galore!



Tonight's recipe was simple. I tossed sliced chard, shredded carrots, and red onion in a bit of water, covered it and cooked about 10 minutes. Mix a TON of feta in (b/c I love feta and figured it could help save what was looking like a possibly not-so-appetizing meal) and served over brown rice. It was not bad. It was also not a keeper. Maybe next time!




No comments: